UHM EXCUSE ME MY FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE IS TOMORROW AND I AM NOT AT ALL PREPARED.
1. I have one book
2. I bought school supplies like, yesterday. I didn’t even get the fifty pack of crayola markers.
3. My binders aren’t even decorated
4. My laptop doesn’t have word on it yet.
5. I just found out where my classes are, like 30 minutes ago by looking at a map.
6. I might have an outfit picked out but I’m probably going to change it tomorrow morning
7. I’M SORRY BUT I HAVE TO WEAR REAL LIFE CLOTHES AND GO HAVE CLASS WITH BOYS TOMORROW WHAT IS THAT
I started freaking out that I texted Hannah to indulge in our Gertie girl problems. I mean I haven’t been able to do a lot of this stuff because of working ridiculous hours and all that jazz but I think I can do it all (I also am playing New Politics as I’m typing as a soother/hype for the concert Saturday, and bought an awesome target bra as an extra confidence boost for tomorrow). But hey, I might be okay with the boy thing (huh did I just really type that). Since I’m friends with Sean, I’m always in his suite (with engineering boys) and I seem to be talking to them okay. I saw my ex today and said hi and kept on walking. It went a hella lot better than I’d imagine.
I am a little nervous about tomorrow but deep inside I know that I can handle it. Saint Gertrude has given me a lot of confidence in myself, and alums all say college is a breeze. VCU is worlds different. but after fourteen years of catholic school and plaid, I think I need worlds of difference.