Oh my lanta I got a Liebster Award~~
It’s okay, I had no idea what a Liebster was until recently, too. Liebster awards are awarded to bloggers with less than 200 followers by other bloggers (also with less than 200 followers) to support small blogs. (It’s kinda like supporting small businesses, another one of my favorite things!! c: ) Nice lady Lauren from
http://laurenelysecan.wordpress.com nominated me, so go read her blog it’s pretty cool (She’s a Canadian student-athlete at Iowa. It’s okay, she’s making me feel lame too). So, the magic number with Liebster is 11. Tell 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions your nominator asks, and nominate 11 people. I thought you guys already knew everything about me, but hey here are my 11 facts (drumroll please)
- 1. The Summer Set has been my favorite band since my freshman year of high school (Oh my I missed our four year anniversary!) Their music, much like Katy Perry’s, has told the story of my life as it happens. (Things get kinda weird when exact details in their songs match up-like how you met your first boy/girlfriend).
- Speaking of my exboyfriend, ran into him at the gym today, as well as Robert, and the guy Hannah likes. All within five minutes. lolwut
- My dream car is a green Volkswagen beetle
- My favorite breakfast is a homemade smoothie. Best and healthiest way to start your day, fruit and yogurt blended so smoothly, and they are especially good when you add coffee c:
- Pink has been my favorite color since my conception, but a couple of years ago it was forced to share the title of favorite with turquoise blue. I can honestly say telling people blue was my favorite color was one of the weirdest experiences of my life.
- I have had glasses since I was 8. Working on 11 years now, and it doesn’t feel that long at all.
- Viva la Finland! At Midnight Breakfast last semester, I picked up a random flag, thinking it was Greece, until Sean told me it was Finland. I was checking out my stats today and there are some readers from Finland. Now I feel obliged to root for Finland in the Olympics
- I really wanna eat local and organic when my rich husband and I can afford it
- If you ever ask “Have you seen ____?” and follow with anything that isn’t Juno, Finding Nemo, or This is The End, the answer is probably no.
- I cannot picture myself majoring in anything other than history.
- I’m kinda hungry and I wonder when Momma Mindy is going to get me food
Questions from the lovely Lauren:
1. What’s the best date you’ve gone on? (Can be with friends!) Uhhh what about the dates I imagined in my head? Okay I’m so glad you said with friends. I wouldn’t trade anything for my date nights with Alison. I love dressing up with her and going to Carytown, Cheesecake Factory, the Village, or wherever!
2. What are your favorite blog posts to write? I really liked writing the “If Disney Princesses Went to VCU” post. That was fun, it took a lot of effort and thought, and everyone seemed to enjoy it!
3. If you had to take the same class every semester of college till you graduate, what would it be? uhhh as a freshman I feel inadequate to answer this. Maybe Italian 101 because I miss la mia professoressa Vera
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A creative writer, novelist, journalist, anything that would let me write.
5. What’s your favorite holiday, and why? I suppose today it’s a tie between Thanksgiving because of the food, Easter because of springtime joy and happiness, and Earth Day because yay Earth (and spring!) (I might have cabin fever)
6. What the biggest change in your life the past three years? I’ve gotten really independent. Started driving, paying for my gas, working, paying for my education. Really makes me appreciate things more, and I’ve started looking at life differently.
7. If you could pick a totally different career path, what would you do? Seamstress. In a heartbeat.
8. Cats or dogs? Kitties. When I was little I had a phobia of dogs, don’t ask why I’m not really sure. Cats are pretty awesome and cute and silly anyway.
9. What’s the one book you would describe as “life changing”? This isn’t a book, but Emerson’s “Self-Reliance”. We read this in Honors 11 English during my dark age and it really helped me get through everything.
10. If you could re-do the past week of your life, would you? Not really, it was kinda stressful.
11. Name one goal you have in the next year! Go on a date! (Engineers here I am!)
Wooh part one of the Liebster is complete. Part two, here we come! I’m going to be hunting down 11 blogs to give awards to, (so if you know anyone let me know!), and I’ll post those new friends on here as well their 11 questions. Ahh it’s like playing tag but with blogs!