Alright, I’ll be blunt here- I’m running out of things to blog about without exposing every detail of my life to the world. So I decided to do a Summer Blogging Challenge! #SummerBloggingChallenge includes some girls from Her Campus Blogging Network, and kicks off June 21, the first day of summer. Every week until the official end of summer, there is a topic to blog about (Yeah I don’t see a challenge in this either but I’m down).
First topic: How are you going to spend your summer?
I’ve been hearing that question a lot (mostly from customers who don’t have anything better to do than talk to the cashier about her personal life), and its normally followed up with things like “are you working a lot this summer?” “are you taking any online classes?” “interning?”. It’s strange to think just last summer people were telling me to take it easy and enjoy my happy youth as I mumbled through two jobs, and know I’m expected to fill my plate for three months until August starts up again and I’m back in class fifteen hours a week. What happened to the days when summer break meant sleeping in to play with your Barbies all day, running around the Crazy Daisy with your neighbor, and going to the beach with your family and friends?
It’d be pretty hypocritical of me to talk about the importance of of relaxed summer when I keep myself busy busy, but you gotta find a balance. It’s okay to work molto tempo, but don’t work so much that you ignore your friends, family, fun, and destressing time.
So how am I going to spend my summer? Arguing with patients over their prescription copays, getting sushi with middle school friends, going to Belle Isle with high school friends. Seeing shows with my concert friends, blueberry picking with my mom, waking up at 5:30 to go to sunrise yoga with a bunch of white girls and fifty year olds. Spending afternoons at Granite talking to lifeguards and swimming with my brother, calling up my best friend and crying because we miss the final part of our trifecta as she spends time overseas, adding babysitting to my resume. Spending three weeks as a volunteer TA, rushing to finish homework for the online class at the last minute, getting lost in Bon Air Library looking for Jack Kerouac. Actually going to the movie theater, spending more time with my new college friends, just having fun.
So, summer might be a bit busy, but that’s okay because almost all of those things sound desirable. Anyway, I’d rather have a schedule full of dates to Joe’s and Red Eye than SI sessions and extra credit events. And a fun summer shouldn’t just be limited to young kids, high schoolers, college students. Everyone should be able to enjoy their summer!
In case you’re wondering, here are the lovely ladies of the Blogging Challenge
. Charlotte at Velvet and Vinyls
2. Miche at Buttons and Birdcages
3. Taylor at Pinstripes & Lipgloss
4. Raewyn at Be a Warrior Queen
5. Jessica at Dreaming of Leaving
6. Adriana at With Love, AR
7. Claire at Eyes of the Universe
8. Briannah at Briannah.
9. Pam at Hodge Podge Moments
10. Madeleine at Small Town Roots and Cowboy Boots
11. Valerie at In-Between Life
12. Jessica at Bookworms in Dresses
13. Ashlee at Dearie Lovie
14. Sarah at Whimsical Nonsense
15. Kristine at The Glitter Diaries
16. Amy at Champagne and Pearls
17. Madison at C’est la Moot
18. Sydney at Sydney Luella
19. Beth at Wandering Forevermore
20. Tiffany at Endless Bliss
21. Morgan at Mermaid Tales
22. Amber at Everyday Legalese
23. Olivia at Liv, Love, Laugh
24. Jerica at Jerica’s World
25. Natalie at Natalie Patalie
26. Gina at California Scrappin’
27. Rachel at The Anxious Chapter
28. Maryrose at My Honu Blog
29. Erin at Yayy Go Erin
30. Emily at Emily’s Life Lessons
31. Madeline Rose at Ring-a-Round a Rosey
32. Ellie at Looking for Love Online
33. Jessica at Jess Loves This Life
34. Menna at Miss Leading
35. Cassandra at The World From the View of Two Teenage Girls
36. Shanice at Playground of Randomness
37. Jessica at PrettyFunnyStrong
38. Amanda at The Trendy Times
39. George at Daroomiesroom
40. Jenna at Sparkly kid
41. Samantha at My Lady Boudoir
42. Rebecca at Rebecca Chapman
43. Ashliegh at The Darling Daily
44. Orly at Coffee Beans and High Heels
45. Tiffany at Commoner Couture
46. Megan at The Adventures of Noble & Pond
47. Polly at Polly Defies Gravity